Sunday, October 2, 2011

Vitamin C Smoothie




Vitamin C Smoothie
Adapted from America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cook Book
Yields: 2 Servings

Printable Recipe

This is another of my favorite cookbooks.  Again ATK.  They have bunch of good smoothie recipes.  Super easy and quick in the morning to help us stop heading to the Dunkin' Donuts drive through.  I don't eat enough fruits and vegetables, mainly due to texture.  So this is away to get some of that in.
I wait until frozen fruit is on sale to stock up.  This week I got most of my fruit 2/$4.00 a bag.  This will be multiple smoothies.

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 Cups orange juice
  • 1 Cup frozen mango
  • 1/2 Cup frozen strawberries
  • 1 Tablespoon sugar, plus extra to taste
  • Pinch salt
Combing all ingredients in a blender, with juice on bottom.  Blend on low speed until mixture is combined but still coarse in texture, about 10 seconds. Increase blender to high speed and puree until it is completely smooth, 20 to 40 seconds longer.  Season with additional sugar to taste and serve immediately



This is one of our favorites and if I ever have extra storage, I would like to pre-measure the ingredients in an effort to speed up the process in the morning.  But that's likely a ways off for us.


No comments: