Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A long hiatus...






So yeah, life has gotten in the way.

I was really stressed out by my job and it was really making me a negative person.  So I worked hard, me and hubs...we worked really hard and paid down our debt and became debt free.

This gave me the opportunity in the spring of 2013 to quit my miserable corporate job in a cube farm to change industries completely.  I went to work for a local cupcake shop and quickly took the job of general manager.  I worked there for over six months, learned a ton but I still wasn't doing what I want - which is to bake for a living.

So - I left.  Right now, I'm doing fill in shifts for them while they search for my replacement and some odd jobs while I look for what's next for me.

It's terrifying to be 100% truthful.  What's next, when will we run out of money for me to just work when work comes up.  I feel guilty for not pulling my weight by bringing in any income.  But enough of that, that's what I have a therapist for!

The last time I was out of work was when I honed my coupon skills.  So it's time to get back to what I have fun with and get blogging again. Now I have time and I figured out that time is so valuable.  I am getting back on track with cooking at home, grocery shopping and couponing.

I was toying with firing up the old blog again - and then someone I follow on twitter (which I use mostly for my hockey obsession) asked "Bizarre question - how much, per pound, is the boneless skinless non frozen chicken that you buy?" Of course I responded $1.99.  Then I went back and forth and then I remembered I had a whole blog post about what I do when I stock up on chicken.

So I'm giving this a crack again and I hope I can stick to it.


1 comment:

Robinsen Clerk said...

A temporary gap, pause, pause or absence is called an interval. When a favorite TV show is at intervals, it means there are no new episodes. . Even long-lasting things take a break once in a while.