Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sunday Shopping 9/25

So this week, I did pretty well. 39% Savings.







My list from what was on sale was pretty slim

Country Style Bone In Pork Ribs $1.99/lb (3lbs or more) - $6.00

I use these for an amazing recipe for Italian Meat Gravy and the recipe calls for 1.5lbs, so these guys were going to be packaged in 1.5 lb portions and headed straight to the freezer.

From my meal plan list also fairly slim as I had so many of my ingredients on hand

Pomegranate Juice - on sale 2/$3.00 (POM)
Frozen Mango - on sale 2/$4.00 (Stop & Shop)
Mixed Green Salad - on sale $2/$5.00 (Stop & Shop)
Tortillas - on sale $2.57 (Mission)
Basmati Rice - on sale 3/$5.00 (Uncle Ben's) - Pair up with coupon buy 3 Ready Rices, get 1 Whole Grain Rice free (ended up being 4/$5.00)
Sweet Potato Fries - not on sale, but we love them (Alexia)
Onion - no sale on onions
Broccoli Crowns - on sale .99/lb

Not a big list at all and pretty much most of it was on sale!

Just while I was in the neighborhood items:

Kettle Chips 2/$5.00 - Matched up with 2 coupons for $1.00 off each.
Bertolli Sauce 2/$4.00 - Picked up two.
Pantene Shampoo 2/$7.00 - Matched up with a coupon for $3.00 off 2

Chips will be great for snacking & entertaining... it's football season and hockey is only about 11 days away (not that I'm counting!)
Bertolli Sauce - keeping sauces on hand for either make ahead meals or quick meals afterwork, it's a great stock up items. I got 2 Vodka Sauces (great with chicken sausage)
Pantene Shampoo - normally don't pick up health & beauty at the grocery store, but these were in the bargain aisle and the coupon match up was fabulous.



No comments: