Monday, January 2, 2012

Meal Prep Day 01.02.2012

We made our monthly - ish trip to BJ's this morning only to realize we forgot the list.  I live for lists, I can't believe we forgot the list.  Anyway, since most of the stuff we pick up at BJ's is more for stocking up, no big deal.  We we went there, picked up some items, stopped at home and picked up the list and threw some stuff in the fridge.

I had picked up my main item of fancy at the grocery store the night before - chicken.  When boneless skinless chicken breast is on sale I stock up, but it's like once in a blue moon that boneless skinless thighs are on sale the same week.  So I got a little of both, which worked out great because I put them to good use in a shredded chicken filling that I'll share with you fine folks later in the week.

When we got home, we started lunch and prep for the week so we could park it on the couch for a little hockey (what else do we do?)

My strategy will likely be to roast a larger piece of meat for a multi purpose meals throughout the week on prep day or use the crockpot.  This week, I used the crockpot to make a shredded chicken filling for burritos for dinner on Monday

Prep plan:

1. Roast Spaghetti Squash




















2. Get Chicken Filling going in Crockpot

















3. Brown Chicken Sausage & make sauce

4. Eat Lunch
















5. Make Cilantro Lime Rice
















6. Wash & Prep Salad with Chicken
















7. Sit Down and Watch Hockey.

All this took less than two hours and I have three lunches in the fridge, lunch in me and dinner going for tonight, which will yield a lunch for the week too and leftovers for the freezer.

No comments: