Sunday, October 9, 2011

October Trip to BJ's



So typically I try to make a trip to BJ's at the beginning of the month, so I can straddle the previous month coupon book and the current month.  Just helps to maximize the savings.  Sometimes anyway, this month I did notice a man double fisting his coupon books as well, so I'm guessing I'm not crazy.

We pay $40.00 a year for our BJ's membership, it's totally worth it for us, because we know what we're buying there and what's a better deal somewhere else.

So typically once a month we go and pick up items we use on a regular basis.

Some items of note this month

3 pk of Swanson's Chicken Broth (boxes) $6.99 - $2.00 off BJ's coupon - brings it down to about $1.67/box.  I usually try to get chicken broth in the box (easier to use & store in fridge) and typically pay about $2.00, if I can get it lower I stock up.  Unfortunately I haven't seen it lower - but with the holidays coming, there should be good coupons.

Frozen Tilapia Filets  $10.99 - I don't eat fish, but Hubs enjoys it and with me going out of town for the weekend, it's a perfect time for him to get his fish on and it's something he can prepare easily and it's frozen individually, we figured we'd give this a shot.

Skim Milk $2.75 - Gas isn't the only thing that's gotten more expensive by the gallon.  We always pick up a gallon of milk at BJ's, it's much cheaper than the grocery store and then typically the rest of the month we pick up half gallons to get us through with coupons & sale match ups

Pork Tenderloin $2.99/lb - This is my buy price if it's on sale at the grocery store, but it rarely has been lately for that price, so I typically just pick up a couple and they go straight to the freezer.




No comments: