Sunday, October 9, 2011

Saturday Shopping 10/1

So this week, not bad 36% savings



My sale list:

Sorrento Ricotta Cheese 2/$6.00
Baby Peeled Carrots 3/$5.00

Ricotta Cheese - with winter coming, it'll be more lasagnas or skillet pasta dishes
Baby Peeled Carrots - I will eat these as a snack, obviously healthier than any cookies or other snacks I bring along to work

My meal plan list:
Boneless Skinless Chicken $1.99/lb
Fat Free Plain Yogurt 2/$3.00
Limes 2/$1.50 (not on sale)
Bananas .47 (not on sale)
White Bread .99
Fiber One Hamburger Rolls $3.29 (.50 in store self scan savings)
Tomato Sauce .30
Chickpeas .67
5 lb Russet Potatoes $3.99(not on sale)
2 lb Yellow Onion $2.49 (should have been free, missed that at checkout)
Spinach (10oz) $1.99 (not on sale)
Cilantro $2.49 (not on sale)
Sweet Onion $1.49/lb

Bigger list, with more produce, which is harder to get on sale

Just while I was in the neighborhood items (all on sale or on sale paired with coupon)
Al Fresco Chicken Sausage $3.99
Ghirdelli Chocolate Chips $2.99
Nestle Dark Chocolate Chips 2/$5.00 ($1.00 off 2)
Bumblee Bee Tuna .80
Center Cut Bacon 3/$10.00
Del Monte Superfruit Cups 10/$10.00

Chicken Sausage - love this stuff, its great to cook into pasta for a quick meal
Ghirdelli Chocolate Chips - I don't skimp on ingredients for baking, so if I see that these are on sale I pick some up.
Nestle Dark Chocolate Chips - picked up 2 bags, these are new and I have another coupon and they're on sale through the holidays, so I will likely be getting more after I try them out
Tuna - Hubs enjoys tunafish, I hate it and I require to be out of the house when it's made (I know, makes me sound high maintenance, but I really hate it) since I'll be traveling soon, it'll be good for him to have around
Bacon - I normally buy turkey bacon and typically at BJ's since it's usually below the regular price at the grocery store and typically I find a coupon for it.  However I'm looking for the good stuff for an appetizer I'm making soon, so I picked this up on sale and into the freezer it goes
Del Monte Superfruit Cups - again in an effort to eat healthier, we decided to give these a try since the price was good a BJ's but it was a better deal at the grocery store.

All and all, not bad, but I'm still impressed at how much I had on hand for my list.  Also I had a $1.00 off my grocery bill from a checkout coupon (don't leave those behind) And always take the credit for the reusable bag!



No comments: