Monday, January 9, 2012

Meal Prep Day 01.08.2012

I didn't set myself up for a lot of meal prep on Sunday originally because it would be "the day after" the Bruins rematch with the Canucks.  A day that I planned a long day out with some cocktails, but as it turned out I woke up feeling great!  So off to it I was.  Again a large emphasis was put on using ingredients I had in house.  

I have a lot of ground meat in the freezer right now, turkey and beef.  Hubs enjoys the meatloaf.  I don't care for it all that much, but I knew I could assemble and let it roast in time for dinner and likely finish all my prep work within that time since it wasn't a big list

Prep Plan:


Mix up Mealoaf

Glaze Meatloaf
Blanch Spinach for Meatballs
Mix Cilantro Pesto




Mix and Roast Meatballs






After the meatloaf came out to rest, I threw the meatballs into the oven to roast while we had dinner.  I will post the meatloaf recipe because it came out really good, it was a tweak to an America's Test Kitchen recipe.  Also, the meatball recipe is an old favorite, so I will post that this week.  It's a good way for me to sneak myself vegetables.  



No comments: