Saturday, January 14, 2012

Meal Plan W/E 1/21

We made it through another week without any food being thrown away.  There are very few leftovers in my house either. Just some pancakes from Saturday!  This week we have no home games except for Saturday afternoon, and since Hubs office is closed Monday for MLK day, I decided to take the day off and get some cleaning & relaxing done for the long weekend.  Last week we spent $12 at the grocery store for ingredients as it related to the meal plan and then did a stock up run for sale & coupon items for about $31.  This week we'll have to pick up a few things for the plan, but we have all our meats in the well stock freezer and there really aren't any meat sales that are blowing me away.  Roche Bros is having a 5/$25.00 sale, but I typically don't find anything there, but I'll have to take another look.

So again the strategy this week is a meal from the slow cooker Sunday, allowing for a bit of prep on Sunday or Monday depending on how I feel.  But I really have no at risk ingredients in my fridge that I think will go bad if I don't use them, so I just planned this week's plan with some consideration of my on hand items

Printable Meal Plan & Ingredient List

Sunday:
Breakfast: Buttermilk Pancakes & Turkey Bacon (Buttermilk pancakes are leftover)
Lunch: Chicken Burritos (took down some Shredded Chicken Filling from freezer)
Dinner: Spicy Sausage Ragu with Red Peppers over Spaghetti

Monday:
Breakfast: Buttermilk Waffles
Lunch: Spicy Sausage Ragu with Red Peppers over Spaghetti
Dinner: Tortellini Spinach Bake in Creamy Lemon Sauce

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Antioxidant Smoothies
Lunch: Tortellini Spinach Bake in Creamy Lemon Sauce
Dinner: Sesame Honey Chicken & Quinoa

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Oatmeal
Lunch: Sesame Honey Chicken & Quinoa
Dinner: Chicken Burritos

Thursday:
Breakfast:  Banana Crunch Breakfast Smoothie
Lunch: Spicy Sausage Rague with Red Peppers over Spaghetti
Dinner: Garlic Shallot Rosemary Steak, Rice & Salad

Friday:
Breakfast: Oatmeal
Lunch: Garlic Shallot Rosemary Steak, Rice & Salad
Dinner: Pizza & Salad

Saturday:
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs & Turkey Bacon
Lunch: Out
Dinner: Out




No comments: