Sunday, January 8, 2012

Meal Plan W/E 01.14.2012

Well folks, we did it we made it through the first week of getting back to the meal planning.  We didn't eat  out of the house except for a full day of hockey on Saturday.  We didn't waste any food.  And we both weighed in this AM and we lost weight.  So go us!

So before I started meal planning I looked in my fridge to see what was open or fresh so I could incorporate those items into our plan.

I'm going to make a cilantro pesto to use up the rest of the cilantro in the house.  I'm going to use my spinach to make some Turkey and Spinach meatballs.  I have a bit of buttermilk that I'm going to use in waffles on Sunday and pancakes Saturday as well as some buttermilk mashed potatoes.

In addition to that we still have some servings of some of last weeks meals that we will be using for lunches this week:

Cold Sesame Noodles (recipe needs some tweaking and then I'll share)
Spaghetti Squash (possibly my new favorite veggie)
Cilantro Lime Chickpea Salad (recipe needs some tweaking and then I'll share)

Also I went to the freezer for some help as well:

Italian Meat Gravy (I need to share this recipe as well!)

I have three planned nights out and so does Hubs - two nights are the same, but we're on our own for dinner separate nights this week too! So it's a ideal week to look to the freezer to help out as well as finish out the leftovers

This Week's Meal Plan and Ingredient List

Sunday:
Breakfast: Buttermilk Waffles & Turkey Bacon
Lunch: Salad with Chicken
Dinner: Meatloaf, Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes & Peas

Monday:
Breakfast: Cereal & Coffee
Lunch: Cold Sesame Noodles
Dinner: Cilantro Pesto Quinoa

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Tropical Fruit Smoothie
Lunch: Italian Meat Gravy over Ziti
Dinner: Out

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Cereal & Coffee
Lunch: Cilantro Lime Chickpea Salad/Italian Meat Gravy
Dinner: Spinach Turkey Meatballs over Egg Noodles

Thursday:
Breakfast: Mango Ginger Smoothie
Lunch: Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Peas
Dinner: Italian Meat Gravy

Friday:
Breakfast: Cereal & Coffee
Lunch: Spinach Turkey Meatballs over Egg Noodles
Dinner: Turkey Burger with Sweet Potato Fries

Saturday:
Breakfast: Buttermilk Pancakes & Turkey Bacon
Lunch: Salad with Chicken
Dinner: Out


2 comments:

Karen said...

I need to know more about these smoothies.

Next week is my first week of actual meal planning. Wish me luck!

I'm looking forward to keeping up with you!

Heather said...

Karen!

Best of luck! Let me know how you do.

I will post a couple smoothie recipes this weekend. I typically pick up frozen fruit when it's on sale and use it for smoothies!